Etihad Airways Review
Etihad Airways is a good and comfortable option for your journey. I have had a good experience with the airlines and based on my list of 30 things I award this airline 7.6 COMFYS!
My rating system is called “Comfys“ and 7.6 is a good score, trust me… I am just strict when it comes to choices and comfort.
Here is a list of all the things which you can expect from this airline:
1. Seats & Leg Room
- The seat size & legroom is very good. Even if you are 6’2″, chances are that you will not complain. You will be seated comfortably. You will find a pillow and a sheet to enhance your comfort. Every seat has a personal light to help you read.
- Every Etihad plane doesn’t offer air nozzles over seats. I feel there should be the option, it doesn’t matter if it is used or not.
- The armrest is not completely movable but partially is, in case you get lucky and the next two seats are empty then you can’t lay down as the armrests will not move up completely.
- I couldn’t find footrest in any Etihad plane. Well, it is a rare luxury given by a few airlines in their selected planes, don’t know why so?
2. Storage Space – I loved it
This is one of my favourites, there is an additional small net pocket outside the big pocket, although it is a very small thing but very convenient. Many planes have 2 pockets but none have such small and transparent pockets. I never found one.
Every time it used to be a problem for me to put my phone down because there would only be huge pockets. If I slip my phone inside that then it would be a task to find it when I needed my phone but with this small pocket, my phone was just a hand away. I didn’t have to fold my tray and pull the big pocket and search for it. I wish every plane had this sleeve.
3. USB port & Socket
Nowadays, USB port is available on almost all the flights and Etihad has it too. It also has a socket for charging your laptops.
4. Entertainment System
- The entertainment system is good with a decent variety of movies, TV programmes, games and news.
- There is a different section for kids, once you click it, you will find only suitable options for kids.
- The system doesn’t start until the flight takes off. Once the flight is stable in the sky after the take-off, the system starts, approximately after 10-15 mins.
- The entertainment options are less, there is no camera for external view. If you didn’t understand what I mean by this then read my review on Emirates Economy Class.
- While watching a video, the navigation options are less on the screen. In case you want to check the flight details then you can’t do it until you pause your movie and go back to the main menu. This is quite a task, lol.
- On a short flight, you will get earphones and not headphones.
The food was good, no dislikes in this section. I had French as well as Indian cuisine and both were good. Tray sizes are good.
6. Wi-Fi and On-board calling
Etihad offers connectivity in most of its planes. This is really appreciable as you can stay connected with the world. Especially, during long flights, in case of any emergencies or delays if you want to pass any message you can.
Normal international calling rates are applicable for calling. There are Wi-Fi plans available for a decent price.
Mobile connectivity is present in the highlighted regions. Light brown regions, like India, will soon be among connectivity friendly region.
The staff is good and helpful but don’t expect any attendant just after you press the call button if they haven’t served the food yet. Most of the times the call buttons are not even answered. I don’t blame them, they are really busy while serving food and other things.
Definitely, the call gets answered if they are free after distributing the food and other things but during that, just don’t expect.
The flight is good and yes I will definitely travel again with this airlines but I do have complains. The flight is better than many other airlines, no doubts about it. You can book it in case you are not particular about any of the things that are not available as mentioned above. You will expect a comfortable flight for sure.
Before you hop on the plane and begin your trip you must read the essential travel tips.
This review is based on my experience in Etihad flights B777-300 and A320-200.
Like it? then Pin it…